The South Australian Government is committed to building a better health system for all South Australians.
The Generational Health Review, commissioned in May 2002, concluded that the current health system was not sustainable, and presented a strong case for change.
In June 2007, the South Australian Government released its new Health Care Plan which covers a comprehensive rollout of infrastructure, service and planning initiatives to meet future healthcare challenges.
Go to the SA Health website to view
South Australia’s Health Care Plan 2007-2016.
The Health Reform objectives – why change?
Developing the WCHN in line with the SA Health Reform Agenda will benefit the community through:
- improved quality and safety of health care
- improved community participation
- sustainable and integrated health services
- a stronger focus on prevention and primary health care
- addressing health inequalities, including Aboriginal health
- building better systems: population-based funding, workforce development, information systems and efficiency.
Back to top