Nursing and Midwifery Careers
Come and join the team that cares.
A range of challenging career opportunities exist at WCHN in nursing and midwifery specialist areas.
In addition to all the benefits and support offered to WCHN staff, there is a focus on progressing your career pathway through continuing foundation courses, training and education.
We look forward to hearing from you and supporting your career.
To learn more, contact us now...
To view available positions in WCHN , go to:
( ...and type keywords such as "children", "youth" or "women's health" in the Keywords search box, then click on the lower "Search" button).
- A five (5) day foundation of Paediatric and Child Development Program for Enrolled Nurses and Registered Nurses
- A Clinical Nurse or Midwifery Educator in every ward and community service as well as Education support from Centre for Education and Training
- A comprehensive preceptor program for new employees tailored to your needs
- An onsite EFM health centre
- Flexible hours of work including full-time, part-time, casual, fixed shifts, fixed days, permanent night duty
- Salary sacrifice
- Access to employee assistance program
- Speciality services and clinical experiential rotations offered
- Transition to practice programs for New Graduate Registered Nurses and New Graduate Registered Midwives
Opportunities exist in:
- Community child health nursing
- Operating theatre
- Recovery and anaesthetics
- Surgical unit
- Medical unit
- Neonatal intensive care
- Paediatric intensive care
- Special care baby unit
- Children's Disability Service
- Primary health care.
For people applying from outside Australia...
Back to top