WCHN Excellence Awards 2023 – CREATE. Together
The Women’s and Children’s Health Network (WCHN) is proud to celebrate the achievements of staff, volunteers and consumer advocates across our organisation with the annual Excellence Awards.
The annual Women’s and Children’s Health Network Excellence Awards 2023 celebrates the excellence, hard work, innovation and leadership shown across our Network’s various sites, services, disciplines and divisions.
From over 60 nominations, 30 finalists were chosen, with 11 awards presented at a ceremony held on Friday 11 August at the Adelaide Convention Centre.
The awards night was made possible by the support of our key charity partner, the Women’s and Children’s Hospital Foundation, along with Police Credit Union and Bowden Print Group.
The Categories for the 2023 Awards are listed below. Click on the links for information on the finalists and winners.
- WINNER: Burns Digital Referral Service
- Naso-Alveolar Moulding Service
- The Gender Diversity Service Multidisciplinary Team
- WINNER: Staff Wellbeing in the NICU
- Knitting for Wellbeing for Patients with Eating Disorders
- Management and Leadership Development Program
- WINNER: FAAIRI (Fast Advice and Access for Intravenous Routes with Imaging) Service
- Central Venous Access Device – Consumer Education
- Women's Physiotherapy – Management of Persistent Pelvic Pain
- WINNER: Dr Amit Kochar
- Associate Professor Amy Keir
- Professor Jodie Dodd
- WINNER: HENNS in the Community
- The WCH Foundation Cocoon Program
- CAMHS Paediatric Eating Disorder Service
- WINNER: CaFHS Oaklands Park Leading Change Team
- Michel Wyman - Young Parents Program
- WCH Foundation Laklinyeri Beach House
- WINNER: Forensic CAMHS Cultural Programs
- Hearing the voice of our Aboriginal Consumers
- Taikurrinthi - Aboriginal Liaison Unit
- WINNER: Partnership between WCHN and AWFOSA
- Consumer and Communications Working Group
- Leanne Norman – Helen Mayo House
- WINNER: Jack Noonan
- Charlotte Groves
- Marnie O'Meara
- WINNER: Di Smith-McCue
- Forensic Medical Team - Child Protection Services
- Kory Horwood
- WINNER: WCH Foundation Laklinyeri Beach House
Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination and for demonstrating excellence in your practice and leading the way for our health network’s future.