Work Alongside Our Community
Immerse yourself in the community by delivering services locally at one of our 150 metropolitan, regional and remote healthcare sites.
Immerse yourself in the community by delivering services locally. The WCHN is made up of a wide and diverse range of community services ensuring that care goes beyond the hospital, and our consumers have access to the community services they need close to home or outside of hospital care.
We offer opportunities for you to be employed in a range of our services, here is a selection of what could potentially be on offer in terms of immersing yourself in a community service.
- Aboriginal Health – WCHN is committed to improving health outcomes for Aboriginal women, children and families. We provide our staff with learning and development opportunities in Aboriginal culture, to help build culturally appropriate, relevant and accessible services.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service – A free community-based tertiary mental health service providing care to those with severe and/or complex mental health needs.
- Child and Family Health Service – A free service supporting the health, wellbeing and development of all South Australian families with children aged 0-5 years.
- Metropolitan Youth Health – Free clinical health services (primarily for physical health issues) to young people aged 12-25 with a focus on under 18 years, in the Adelaide metropolitan-wide community
- Cedar Health Service – Holistic care and support for people 16 years and over, who have been subjected to abusive and unsafe behaviour from a partner or ex-partner.
- Yarrow Place and Sexual Assault Service – Services for persons who may have experienced sexual assault