Volunteer Guide Team
The Volunteer Guide Team enhances the experience of consumers at the Women's and Children's Hospital by providing a warm, kind and positive welcome to all.
The Volunteer Guides are based in the information booth in the Kermode Street foyer and are available Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm.
The Guide Team is an integral part of the network's Person and Family Centred Care approach, putting consumer needs at the forefront of what we do.
The Guide Team can provide information about hospital and local amenities and are happy to guide or direct consumers to their destinations within the hospital.
The Guides are easily recognised in their bright teal coloured shirts and black vests and are always ready to help. They will be happy to walk with you or direct you to the places you need to be and the people you need to see in any area of the hospital.
What can the Guide Team do?
- Provide a warm and friendly welcome to the Women's and Children's Hospital
- Guide or direct consumers to their destination
- Provide inpatient location
- Provide outpatient appointment information
- Carry consumer records when taking a consumer from one area to another
- Direct and inform consumers how to provide consumer feedback
The Guide Team cannot:
- Let consumers in to secure wards/areas
- Provide food or money to consumers
- Retrieve or push wheelchairs
- Mind or carry children or babies
- Carry bags and luggage
- Exit the hospital with consumers
Information booth – (08) 8161 6666