Volunteer Guide Team
The Volunteer Guide Team enhances the consumer experience at the Women's and Children's Hospital, providing a warm, kind and positive welcome to all. Guides inform consumers of hospital and local amenities and direct consumers to their destination.
The Volunteer Guide Team is based in the Information Booth and the Kermode Street foyer and will operate Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm.
The Guide Team is a welcome addition to the network's Person and Family Centred Care approach, putting consumer needs at the forefront of how we work.
The Guide Team will enhance the consumer experience here at the hospital providing a warm, kind and positive welcome to all. Guides will inform consumers of hospital and local amenities and direct or guide consumers to their destination.
The Guide Team volunteers are easily recognisable wearing a bright teal coloured shirt with 'Volunteer Guide' embroidered on top left hand side of the shirt in white.
They also wear a purple volunteer lanyard and have ID's and name badges. They all have full access to all areas of the hospital.
What can the Guide Team do?
- Provide a warm and friendly welcome to the Women's and Children's Hospital
- Inform, direct and guide consumers to their destination
- Provide inpatient location
- Provide outpatient appointment information
- Carry consumer records when taking a consumer from one area to another
- Direct and inform consumers how to provide consumer feedback
The Guide Team cannot:
- Carry bags and luggage
- Carry children or babies
- Push wheelchairs
- Take patients from the ward or emergency to radiology
(08) 8161 6666
4782 and 4783