Group Work Programs
Yarrow Place offers therapeutic groups and information seminars. Group work means getting together with facilitators and a group of people who have had similar experiences.
On this page:
Benefits from becoming a member of a group may include:
- support and encouragement
- a safe place to meet others who have also experienced rape and sexual assault
- realising that you are not alone
- opportunities to explore some things you find difficult to talk about
- sharing new ideas and skills: you may wonder how you can cope with some of the struggles you face and other group members may have had similar experiences and be able to offer good strategies to help in your situation.
Please talk to your counsellor or the duty worker about what groups are available.