The Women's and Children's Health Network supports research activity within the organisation through a number of different avenues.
On this page:
Generous support is given in the form of research project grants and a number of scholarships, fellowships and other awards. In particular, the Women's and Children's Hospital Foundation is a key supporter of research at WCHN. Established in 1989, the WCH Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation governed by a Board of Directors and incorporated under the Associations Incorporations Act 1985.
The WCH Foundation is the charity for the benefit of the Women’s and Children’s Hospital. It works in partnership with the South Australian community to support the Hospital and achieve positive long-term outcomes for women, babies and children. The Foundation's vision is to advance the health and wellbeing of women and children through an ongoing commitment to providing excellence in medical and health care and funding ground-breaking research.
The Women's and Children's Hospital Foundation is currently undertaking a Research Strategy Review which is expected to be completed around September 2021. In view of this, there will be no call in 2021 for applications for any of the awards listed below. For further information contact Jane Scotcher, CEO, Women's and Children' Hospital Foundation.
Applying for funding
Grant applications – letter of support
All Women’s and Children’s Health Network (WCHN) grant applications which require a letter of support signed by the institution should be submitted by email for Executive Sign off. Should you be successful in a grant application, all documents and associated research materials will need to be submitted for HREC and Governance approval, through the GEMS research system.
External research funding opportunities
Please refer to the relevant funding body guidelines to determine the eligibility requirements prior to applying. Please note the below is not an exhaustive list and WCHN is not associated with these funding bodies.
- American Association for Cancer Research – Cancer research
- ANZCA Foundation – Anaesthesia and pain medicine research
- Arthritis Australia – Arthritis research
- Australian College of Nursing – Research for nurses
- Australian Orthopaedic Association – Orthopaedics research
- Australian Rotary Health – Mental health research
- Bone Health Foundation – Bone and mineral research
- Bupa Foundation – Emerging Health Researcher Award & paediatric mental health and wellbeing
- Cancer SA – Cancer research
- Channel 7 Children’s Research Foundation – Paediatric research
- Cooper Foundation – Treatment of disease / condition
- Diabetes SA – Diabetes research
- Fay Fuller Foundation – Mental health and wellbeing research
- HCF Research Foundation
- Heart Foundation – Cardiac research
- Ian Potter Foundation
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation – Type 1 Diabetes research
- Leukaemia Foundation – Cancer research
- Lifetime Support Scheme – SA Motor vehicle accident injuries research
- Medical Research Future Fund grant opportunities
- MedTech and Pharma Growth Centre – Medical devices
- MS Australia – Multiple Sclerosis research
- National Health and Medical Research Council
- National Stem Cell Foundation of Australia – Stem cell science research
- Society for Paediatric Anaesthesia – Paediatric anaesthesia research
- Sports Medicine Australia – Sports medicine and lifestyle disease prevention
- Telethon Kids Institute – Student scholarships
- The Hospital Research Foundation
- University of Adelaide – Current funding opportunities
- University of Adelaide – Ongoing funding opportunities
- Viertel Charitable Foundation
- WCH Foundation
For enquiries, please contact the Research Grants Officer via email: RoseMary.Mansfield@sa.gov.au
Grants and Awards
Detailed information on current research funding opportunities will be available soon.