The Research Secretariat at WCHN promotes collaboration with other research organisations in Australia and overseas, funding partnerships and funding opportunities from a variety of sources.
Welcome to Research at Women's and Children's Health Network (WCHN). Our world-class researchers are searching to develop new treatments and diagnostic methods for a variety of diseases and better health for our community.
We collaborate with many other research organisations in Australia and overseas to enhance our research efforts. Research is supported by internal and external funding from a variety of sources.
In particular, the Women's & Children's Hospital Foundation (WCHF) is a key supporter of research at WCHN. Established in 1989, the WCHF is a not-for-profit organisation governed by a Board of Directors and incorporated under the Associations Incorporations Act 1985.
The WCHF is the charity for the benefit of the Women's and Children's Hospital. It works in partnership with the South Australian community to support the Hospital and achieve positive long-term outcomes for women, babies and children. The Foundation's vision is to advance the health and wellbeing of women and children through an ongoing commitment to providing excellence in medical and health care and funding ground-breaking research.
Without research new treatments, cures and interventions will not be possible.
The Research Secretariat provides administrative support to the Women's and Children's Health Network (WCHN) research effort by:
- co-ordinating the following research-related committees:
- the Human Research Ethics Committee's (HREC)
- the Drug and Therapeutic Committee Clinical Trials Group (DTCCTG)
- administration of research grants
- providing information about external funding opportunities for research
- providing reports on research activity within the WCHN to the Executive.
How to access this service
General Business: Monday–Friday 8.30am–5.00pm
- Level 2, Zone E/Samuel Way Building, Women’s and Children’s Hospital (WCH) Campus
- (08) 8161 8175 – matters related to grants
- (08) 8161 6521 – matters related to the Human Research Ethics Committee's (HREC)
- (08) 8161 6688 – matters related to Research Governance
- (08) 8161 6390 – matters related to the Drug and Therapeutic Committee Clinical Trials Group (DTCCTG)